Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Picky Eater

What a blessing it has been to be on the move with OHOP - Mobile!  I'm getting to meet in new places, experience a variety of worship styles, and enjoy people I never would have previously come in contact with.

As we worshiped with New Vision Church in Harrison this past week, the term "picky eater" came to mind. I admit I'm a picky eater as far as food .... Sushi?  No way! Tried it once. Spicy? Absolutely not! 

And so I began to wonder what the Spirit might be saying through this term "picky eater." For instance, has the church become picky eaters in the spiritual sense? When you only eat at certain restaurants and always order the same food, your taste buds never experience anything new. When you never step outside the walls of your familiar church building and you only partake of the same worship experience week after week, does that foster a picky eater mentality? I'm just wondering, because this picky eater is beginning to understand the wisdom of God's command to "go into all the world ...."

Here's to some new tastes!

No comments: